Salt Lake City's education system delivers academic excellence - supporting equal opportunity and advancing economic prosperity in the region.
- Cultivate a community of lifelong learners - ready for college, careers and civic life.
- Develop a strong education system through appropriate assessments and best practices.
- Strengthen family partnerships to support student learning.
- Civic Engagement.
- Early Childhood Education.
- Green Schools.
- Teaching excellence.
- Voter participation rate in Salt Lake County was 71% in 2009 General Election
- 969 children participated in Early Childhood Education programs in 2011-2012 school year.
- 62% high school graduation rate in 2011.
- No teaching excellence recognition program in place is 2010.
- 95% voter turnout.
- 200 additional students enrolled.
- 76% high school graduation rate.
- Reward program in place with a variety of recognition awards.
- 87% in 2012.
- 1,305 children participated during 2013-2014 school year.
- 71% in 2014.
- The Facility Services Department has embraced the sustainability mission and is trying to send the message throughout SLC School District. Currently all schools are recycling, using ‘green’ cleaning products, implementing Integrated Pest Management (IPM) principles and the district Energy and Resource Manager is actively encouraging energy conservation behavior while implementing energy efficiency measures that have helped reduce school’s energy consumption over the years.
- Goal has been met with an active Teaching Achievement Recognition Program in place, including awards for Academic Achievement and Exemplary Teachers. Additional business partnerships or funding needed to continue recognition for teachers with exceptional results.